For more information on Toolkit 1 see our video titled: “Unpacking the Green Kit“
The Ultimate level of Toolkit 1 contains the complete set of 201 items for teaching high school, university, and professionals. Its materials serves all developmental ages within that age range (beginners, intermediates, advanced, expert).
1. Teacher’s Ideabook — the instructional booklet that explains the resources, how to use them, and ways to extend learning.
2. Four-Step Critique — 1 poster with all 4 steps; + 4 double-sided focus charts to guide each step of dance analysis for maximum effectiveness.
3. Principles of Design Posters — 4 poster representations of all ten principles which are clustered to build contextual learning through interactive groups.
4. Principles of Design Charts — 10 focus charts target each principle and its specific role each one plays whether choreographing or critiquing choreography.
5. Decoding Dance Works (Set 1) — 45 card strips with 90 different comments put words and ideas in front of students to help them veiw dances.
6. Critiquing Strips (Set 1) — 45 card strips ask 90 different analysis/evaluation questions to spur critique about all aspects of a choreographic work.
7. Decoding Dance Works (Set 2) — 45 additional card strips with 90 new comments to prompt more discussion and greater detail.*
8. Decoding Dance Works (Set 3)– 45 additional card strips with still more comments to add to the discussion, 90 more in this set.*
*Items in green are added to the basic kit to increase complexity.
This toolkit contains 201 individual items. ISBN-978-0-9799419-0-0