This kit increases critical thinking, strengthens use of the dance elements, and instills design principles. A teacher’s book with a complete kit of teaching materials for the classroom facilitates targeted viewing and responses. Five resources intertwine to strengthen enduring understanding and skills in the artistic process, “responding.”
- The Four-Step Critique ( 1 poster and 4 focus charts with teacher prompts) anchor the kit with a systematic way to look at dance
- 4 Principles of Design posters relate the principles to each other
- 10 Principles of Design focus charts detail each of the ten principles
- “Decoding Dance Works 1” card set offers 45 cards with 90 concepts to look for and discuss about a work. They put questions in the hands of viewers so they know what to look for and how to respond.
- “Critiquing Cards” card set also gives 45 cards with 90 concepts to guide skillful analysis
- 38-page teacher’s Ideabook informs facilitation that leads to artistic awareness and dance literacy
- All catalysts guide reflection and analysis.
This kit supports beginner to intermediate development. It contains 111 individual items for upper elementary and middle school. ISBN-978-0-9799419-0-0
For more information on Toolkit 1 see our video titled: “Unpacking the Green Kit“
Submit your review