For more information on Toolkit 1 see our video titled: “Unpacking the Green Kit“
Advanced Kit: 156 items. MS, HS; serving beginner to advanced levels
1. Viewing Dance Ideabook — instructional booklet that explains each resource, how to use them, and ways to extend learning.
2. Four-Step Critique poster set — one cover poster with all 4 steps; + 4 double-sided focus charts to guide each step of dance analysis for maximum effectiveness.
3. Principles of Design Posters — 4 posters of the affinities between certain principles which cluster in support of each other. This context increases understanding and skill.
4. Principles of Design Charts — 10 focus charts. a detailed explanation of each principle and its specific role in choreographing and in critiquing choreography.
5. Decoding Dance Works cards (Set 1) — 45 strips with 90 different comments to put words and ideas in front of students to help them view dances.
6. Decoding Dance Works (Set 2) — 45 additional strips with 90 new comments to prompt more discussion and greater detail.*
7. Critiquing Cards — 45 cards ask 90 different critique/evaluation questions to generate thought and discussion about the effectiveness of choreographic works across all styles.
*Item in green is added to the basic level to increase challenge. The advanced toolkit provides 156 individual items. ISBN-978-0-9799419-0-0