Advanced Kit: 156 items. MS, HS; serving beginner to advanced levels
1. Teacher’s Ideabook — the instructional booklet that explains the resources, how to use them, and ways to extend learning.
2. Four-Step Critique — 1 poster with all 4 steps; + 4 double-sided focus charts to guide each step dance analysis for maximum effectiveness.
3. Principles of Design Posters — 4 poster representations of all ten principles which are clustered to build contextual learning through interactive groups.
4. Principles of Design Charts — 10 focus charts to target each principle and its specific role whether choreographing or critiquing choreography.
5. Decoding Dance Works cards (Set 1) — 45 strips with 90 different comments to put words and ideas in front of students to help them view dances.
6. Decoding Dance Works (Set 2) — 45 additional strips with 90 new comments to prompt more discussion and greater detail.*
7. Critiquing Cards — 45 cards ask 90 different critique/evaluation questions to generate thought and discussion about all aspects of a choreographic work.
*Item in green is added to the basic level to increase challenge. The advanced toolkit provides 156 individual items. ISBN-978-0-9799419-0-0
For more information on Toolkit 1 see our video titled: “Unpacking the Green Kit“