Motional Magnets are:
- 12″ tall
- Made of recycled material, all-black
- Infinitely moveable
- Playful, instructive, creative, addictive.
- 2 are non-gender specific; one is female (Degas)
- Non-race specific; made of black material
- Hinged joints in all the right places to allow smooth transitions between shapes
- Hinges make for magical movements with any contact point on the magnet when dragged through space to a new place.
- Unimaginable shapes result from creating static poses.
- Placement of head by its neck hinges allow adjustment to countless focal points.
- Inspired by the hinged Balinese shadow puppets which are manipulated by sticks attached to the puppets’ limbs. [The Balinese art form, Wayang Kulit, translates to “puppets made of leather.” It’s performed by a dalang (shadow puppet master), such as I-Wayan Deres from Tagalalang, Bali, Indonesia, guru to Ibu Brenda McCutchen. Dalang manipulate a box full of puppet characters to tell numerous traditional stories. They also sing, chant, direct the gamelan gendar musicians, and play large metal plates with their feet to add sound-effects for bombastic aspects of the stories. Dalang are apprenticed early in life to perfect the art of puppet-carving out of buffalo hide.]
Creative Designers: Rami Geller (puppet); Linda Wang (graphics)
Notice: Product includes one magnetic puppet. Must be used on one’s own metal or magnetized surface (e.g., frig, file cabinet, “white board”). Light-colored surface gets best results (puppet is jet black). The larger the surface, the greater creative space is available. May also be used on a horizontal, non-magnetized surface like a tabletop, studio floor, desk, etc. This wildly creative catalyst is almost limitless (e.g., cut and apply colored paper tape to “dress” the figure in costume). Create a group dance with multiple puppet costumed magnets.