TOOLKIT ONE (Advanced level): 156 items for beginners, intermediates, and advanced (green)
1. Teacher’s Ideabook — the instructional booklet that explains the resources, how to use them, and ways to extend learning.
2. Four-Step Critique — 1 poster with all 4 steps; + 4 double-sided focus charts to guide each step dance analysis for maximum effectiveness.
3. Principles of Design Posters — 4 poster representations of all ten principles. The are also clustered into basic, intermediate, and advances principles on the posters to increase assimilation of the principles. They create a context in which to absorb and use the principles.
4. Principles of Design Charts — 10 focus charts to target each principle and explain its specific role in choreography as well as in critiquing choreography.
5. Decoding Dance Works (Set 1) — 45 card strips with 2 comments per card (90 different comments in all) to put words and ideas in front of students before they view a dance and afterward to generate feedback.
6. Decoding Dance Works (Set 2) — 45 additional card strips with 90 new comments to prompt more discussion and greater detail.*
7. Critiquing Strips — 45 strips ask 90 different critique/evaluation questions to spur critique about all aspects of a choreographic work.
*Item in green is in addition to the basic kit.
TOOLKIT TWO (Advanced level): contains 210 items for beginners, intermediates, and advanced (pink)
1. Teacher’s Ideabook — the instructional booklet explains the resources, how to use them, and ways to extend learning
2. Choreographic Processes — 1 poster and 8 focus charts to guide the use of the choreographic processes
3. Choreographic Devices — 1 composite poster and 12 individual teaching charts to explain each of the manipulative devices
4. Dance Diamantes (Set 1) — 63 freshly created stanzas to prompt original dance choreography
5. Cool Contrasts (Set 1) — 52 two-sided cards with opposite word pairs to generate dances in AB form and stimulate improvisation
6. Foundation Structures — 6 focus charts that detail specifics of the basic choreographic structures
7. Dance Diamantes (Set 2) –66 additional stanzas of advanced concepts to translate into choreography and improvisation*
*Item in pink is in addition to the basic kit.
Bonus stanza book: Dragonfly Diamantes–Stanzas to Abstract for Choreography. 86 original stanzas to choreograph on subjects that suit MS, HS, and college. The dance-making catalysts teach young adults how to abstract literal ideas into expressive and non-imitative movements. Each short stanza’s beginning-middle-ending structure guides both the novice and the advanced.